Re: [OM] Olympus OM 4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM 4T
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:33:30 +1300
Hello Dinkar

Re:
> I guess being an 4t it would have the later circuitry so should not
> suffer from battery drain problems.

A while back I bought a 4Ti (it was a 'beater" and I got it for $NZ700 = $US
290) from a 2nd hand shop and during the warranty period it suffered a major
circuit-board failure. The circuit-board was replaced with a new one from
Olympus by the NZ agent who, as they usually do, did a CLA on the total
machine. (So I have a functionally new 4Ti).
(BTW, the cost of the repair was so high that the shop was about to lose
money on the deal, so I slipped them an extra $100 so they could at least
come out even on it all. They recognise me now when I walk in the shop and
I get good service.)

When it came back from them they had set the speed dial in the red sector
(B etc). I conclude from that, that they recommend turning the electrics off
this way when not actively using the camera. Anyway, that is what I do now
as routine.

Best wishes for a fuller recovery. Keep up with exercise and using your OM !

Brian Swale