Re: [OM] Olympus OM 4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM 4T
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:32:29 +0000

Sorry about your heart attack Dinkar, but glad that you are back with us "sauf et sain".

Perhaps a nice OM4Ti would be a bit of useful therapy? :>).

Chris

At 11:19 +0100 28/11/01, Roger D. Key wrote:
Almost all champagne 4T/4Ti lose paint from edges such as the pentaprism
cover; it is nothing to worry about. The titanium top and bottom covers are
relatively dent proof, fortunately. No 4T/4Ti OM's have a battery drain
problem.

Roger Key, Copenhagen

I have not been on the list for a while as I suffered a heart attack in
July
and only now I am getting back to normal.  I suppose I will never be the
same as before.

I have an opportunity to get a fairly used champagne OM 4t from a local
store. It has got a fairly worn paint on the top and bottom titanium covers
but no dents or  missing covers and comes with a years guarantee.  Does
anyone on the list know if paint on the titanium can be refurbished and if
so how do you take the top cover off? Also is there any checks I can
perform
to check its operation. I guess being an 4t it would have the later
circuitry so should not suffer from battery drain problems.

Dinkar