Re: [OM] Olympus OM 4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM 4T
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:11:51 +0100
First: hope you're recovering and at best health.

Second: As Roger K already pointed out, the champagne 4T looses it's paint quite easily. If you're a collector that's important, and you will have to look hard to find a really mint one. However, if you plan mainly to use it, the champagne 4T might look a beater but perform beautifully. You should calculate in the price to get a basic CLA (in Sweden US$ 50) which means the main things like meter and shutter are adjusted and shutter-ring lubricated, and maybe some basic cleaning. It's a wonderful camera, and prepare to pay (if fair) around US$300-350 for it. If you get it cheaper, GO...

Henrik Dahl

I have not been on the list for a while as I suffered a heart attack in July and only now I am getting back to normal. I suppose I will never be the same as before.

I have an opportunity to get a fairly used champagne OM 4t from a local store. It has got a fairly worn paint on the top and bottom titanium covers but no dents or missing covers and comes with a years guarantee. Does anyone on the list know if paint on the titanium can be refurbished and if so how do you take the top cover off? Also is there any checks I can perform to check its operation. I guess being an 4t it would have the later circuitry so should not suffer from battery drain problems.

Dinkar