Re: [OM] PhotoEquip Grip

Subject: Re: [OM] PhotoEquip Grip
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:21:44 -0500
Cc: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Sure, an Arca-Swiss plate will fit. There's a tripod screw socket on the base of the grip. Also, I think that the grip itself will clamp into the Arca Swiss jaws. Of course, it won't dovetail, but I sometimes fit my Leica M6's into my B1 ballhead by their grip plate.

The Uni-Grip grip has a metal plate, so it should take the stresses of an Arca Swiss jaw clamp OK.

Be careful that you don't think that a Leica M grip will work on an OM. Leica M's have their tripod socket on the end of the baseplate.

Look here for an example of the Uni-Grip. http://www.nikonlinks.com/PhotoEquip/ Click on "Other Cameras", or on the "Nikon F2", or "Nikon FM" grips for a mounted view.

Skip