Re: [OM] New year's resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] New year's resolution
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:41:51 -0500
Bill,

If I REALLY thought that this action would make any difference, or would have made any difference over the last 4-6 years, I MIGHT HAVE bought a new body or lens.

But don't kid yourself, it doesn't matter what we spend. The inventory is sitting idle and is artifically high-prices to reduce demand. All you'd be doing is throwing your money away.

Save your pennies and buy a nice 85/2 used for $250-300, or $350 LNIB. It's $430 new from B&H.

As for me? I bought an F-synch cord and a WA-adapater for my F280 over the past year. That's my contribution to Olympus, and that's all that they will get out of me.

Skip

Hi Zuiks:

I've read a lot of complaints on the list about Olympus, and their (lack
of) support for the OM system.  They haven't developed a digital back,
no new lenses, no OM-5, blah blah.

When was the last time any of you bought anything NEW from Olympus?  We
buy our gear from used camera dealers, evil bay and each other.  None of
this puts one dime into the coffers of the Olympus Company.  They might
be inspired to do more with the system if they could occasionally look
at their P&L and say, "gosh, we sold something this month!"

I have bought a few OM-related items new: focusing screens, flash shoes,
a T-20 flash, etc.  Nothing cost over $100 USD.

So here is my new year's resolution: next year, I will buy something
expensive for the OM, and I will buy it new!  I'm thinking that a 85 mm
f/2 would be nice.  So there!

Bill Stanke