[OM] hyper focal scales, or lack there of

Subject: [OM] hyper focal scales, or lack there of
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:53:02 -0800 (PST)
I have noticed that most of my zooms lack a hyperfocal
scale on the barrel (or anywhere else that I know of).

I figured I would ask the wise and beneficent members
of the list for work arounds.

In other words, if you wanted to do a landscape with
infinty at the far end and 8 (or whatever the lens can
do) for the near end at f16, how would you manage
without the scale?

Thanks!