Re: [OM] OM Insurance

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Insurance
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:58:34 EST
Although that which follows may apply to OZ it is specific to the USA or
really Texas.  There two possible way for the nonprofessional to cover their
equipment.  It can be done either as a separate policy (Personal Articles
Floater) or as an endorsement to their homeowners policy (owner or renter).
The price is essentially the same, it just depends on how the insurance
company choses to skin the cat.  My cats sure wouldn't want to hear me say
such a politically incorrect thing.  The schedule (list of items, with serial
numbers and values) will provide world-wide all risk coverage.  Some things
one would think might be excluded by the "dummy exclusion" are covered.  So
if you drop it overboard on your cruise or spill your bahama mama inside the
thing, its covered.  Bottom line, is I'd insure it, but then I'm the
insurance guy.  I have mine insured for what it would cost me to replace
rather than new price as most of what I have is not new and not made anymore.
 It is cheap.  About $27,000 of stuff (jewelry,cameras,golf clubs and scuba
gear) cost about $250 per year.  Less coverage = less money. More coverage =
more money.  Hope this helps.  Bill Barber