Re: [OM] Olympus OM 10 black with data back

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM 10 black with data back
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:40:04 -0600
On most OM-10Q's the flex going to the databack has been bent so many times it's
broken -- check the brown flex where it goes from the body into the back cover
near the bottom of the hinge.  It's probably creased and broken, or will be
soon.  If so, the part isn't available and making it (the databack) work is time
consuming and troublesome -- probably more than it's worth.

On every OM-10, leave the camera wound overnight, then without a lens fire the
shutter in Auto and listen to the sound -- if the shutter or mirror hesitates,
it's got "sticky magnet disease" and needs an overhaul.