Re: [OM] New year's resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] New year's resolution
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:24:20 -0800
on 11/29/01 8:35 AM, Bill Stanke at bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Zuiks:
>
> I've read a lot of complaints on the list about Olympus, and their (lack
> of) support for the OM system.  They haven't developed a digital back,
> no new lenses, no OM-5, blah blah.
>
> When was the last time any of you bought anything NEW from Olympus?  We
> buy our gear from used camera dealers, evil bay and each other.  None of
> this puts one dime into the coffers of the Olympus Company.  They might
> be inspired to do more with the system if they could occasionally look
> at their P&L and say, "gosh, we sold something this month!"
>
> I have bought a few OM-related items new: focusing screens, flash shoes,
> a T-20 flash, etc.  Nothing cost over $100 USD.
>
> So here is my new year's resolution: next year, I will buy something
> expensive for the OM, and I will buy it new!  I'm thinking that a 85 mm
> f/2 would be nice.  So there!
>
> Bill Stanke

Bill, I bought a brand-new 49-72mm step-up-ring/lens shade for my (bought
used...) 18mm/3.5. But not directly from Olympus, from one of their
retailers. Who knows how long they had it before finally selling it to me.
The problem is that whether bought new or used, there's not enough people
(overall, not us!) buying Olympus OM gear.

But I do so want to buy a brand-new OM-3Ti while I still can! I haven't
bought a new OM body since my OM-2n (body #2...) in ~1983...
--

Jim Brokaw