Re: [OM] om1 came (bonus XA...!)

Subject: Re: [OM] om1 came (bonus XA...!)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:43:37 -0800
on 11/28/01 9:28 AM, Wayne Culberson at waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The seller also sent along a free XA with A11 flash, that was wound and
> wouldn't fire, and had part of a roll of film in it. I've never had one
> of these either, so started trying to figure it out. I don't have a
> manual, and it is somewhat different than my RC. Anyways, I replaced the
> batteries, and put a battery in the flash, and it all seems to work
> fine. Are these of any real value? I have a MJU Epic with 2.8, that is a
> little smaller, are they comparable in pic quality?

Wayne, the XA and flash are worth next to nothing, but I'll pay the postage
for you to send them to me...

SERIOUSLY, the XA takes real good pictures, is about as quiet as you'll ever
find, and has a serious cult following, such that they regularly go for
$60-$80 or more on e*ay... I think the XA pictures will be on par or better
than the MJU (Stylus, right?) Epic. The XA lens is a six-element 35mm/2.8,
probably pretty close to the OM lens quality. That little camera is a
keeper!

Unless, of course, you do want to send it to me... I have several but I'd
always take in another one... 8*)
--

Jim Brokaw