Re: [OM] VIRUS ALERT

Subject: Re: [OM] VIRUS ALERT
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:01:04 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
To: WY_COUNTRYGIRL@xxxxxxxxxxx ; ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; chris@xxxxxxxxx ; tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 8:29 PM
Subject: [OM] VIRUS ALERT

If you recieve an email from my address with the following: CARD.DOC.pif
DO NOT OPEN IT AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT.  IT IS A VIRUS!!!

Dave Dougherty
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's the notorious W32.Badtrans.B@mm virus:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@xxxxx
ml

The names of the first part, the first (dummy) extension and the second
(real) extension can vary; look at the url above. Get a good virus scanner
with recent definition files. This virus spreads very quickly; I already
received it six times or so. Of course I got suspicious from the start, when
an unknown lady sent me an Me_nude.doc.scr attachment. At that time Norton
did not catch it but the ZoneAlarm Pro firewall put it in quarantaine.

hnz