RE: [OM] Olympus OM 4T paint

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus OM 4T paint
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:04:41 -0800
If I was gonna go to the trouble of removing the paint and recoating the Ti,
I'd seriously consider having the parts anodized. Anodized Ti produces an
array of colors, depending on method used. All the colors are a result of
light interference through the oxides formed, and not the result of
pigments. I'm a bit surprised Olympus didn't anodize the Ti used when the
bodies were produced, they'd have had a lot more durable surface finish than
with either the Champagne or black paints that were used.

See these for examples:

http://www.titaniumfinishing.com/page09.htm

http://www.anolaze.com/titanium2.htm

One could have a truly unique Ti Olympus this way...

---
Scott Gomez