Re: [OM] OM1.4x-a on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1.4x-a on ebay
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:02:08 EST
I think that  $250 to create a whole "new" quality focal length is pretty
cheap compared to buying a whole new lens.  Buying one for the $3000  Zuiko
250mm f2 gives you approximately a 350/2.8 and those run another $3000 so you
have saved yourself $2700 or so.  Also, you save the weight of packing the
two lenses.
I would never try a $20 Vivitar 2x on such a lens with that much invested and
"hope for the best".
The Zuiko 1.4x is also the price of about 20-30 rolls of film/developing and
printing looking for that "great shot".
I love mine and think it is superb and since the only other option is a 1.4x
SP Tamron made for Tamron lenses only ( it is very good), there is no other
option for utmost quality.
Isn't that the reason we shoot Zuikos and Olympus anyway?

John

<< There's really no good reason for that crazy price. Its probably that if
 you're one that can actually justify the ridiculous prices for the lenses it
 is made for, (250 f2, etc), your an easy mark to not mind tossing $250 for a
 1.4x teleconverter. So, the market bears it.

 Larry >>