Re: [OM] Olympus shift lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus shift lens
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:03:14 -0800 (PST)
The thing is for that money you could get a large
format system with a 90mm, (or is it 60mm) lens which
is the equivalent of 24mm and a good sturdy Bogen
tripod and have a camera that is far more capable at
architecture from a tripod and still have a couple
hundred left over. What I am saying is that the Oly
solution is nice and portable while Canon is...well...
not. I'll give you an example. I was taking pics in
the Iowa State Capitol Library. I was given a very
special chance to go up the stairs to the fourth floor
and take pics. This floor is normally restricted and I
had only five minutes. I went up there with an OM-4
and 24 shift and got a bunch of great pics of the
enitr library from a birds eye view. If I had the
Canon I wouldn't have been able to do that cause I
wouldn't have been allowed to or wanted to lug a
tripod up three flight of stairs in a minute and a
half and as I have stated earlier handholding the
Canon 24mm is a bitch.

Mark Lloyd