[OM] film vs digital

Subject: [OM] film vs digital
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:55:11 EST
I have recently acquired an E10. It is quite a camera when matched with the
p400 printer. I am assuming that the E20 will be even better...by the time I
get one, there will be an E30 or E40 in the works.
I note that there is a great deal of coverage in print of digital cameras,
yet there are also a large number of film cameras still being made. The take
I get is that digital will replace film in the not too distant future.
I still use my Blads to shoot weddings, and my OM1's to do slides. I was
going through some nostalgia with my wife and noted that there are a great
many photos that would not be there if the product were digital instead of
film. Film stores more easily and retrieves much faster. Quality is of
course, better for the moment.
Does anyone else have any observations on living is a photo world that is
very much in transition?

Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com