Re: [OM] film vs digital

Subject: Re: [OM] film vs digital
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 00:25:56 EST
In a message dated 12/1/01 8:43:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyway, Roger, how is the P-400 working out for you? I am thinking I
> should take advantage of the $300.00 rebate and grab one before 12/31.
> From everything I have heard so far, it sounds like the way to go for
> on-site print sales.

Dear Mike:
The P400 is definitely the way to go. I am charging $20 per 8x10 at weddings,
also have been using it in the studio for baby pictures and have shot some
equine photos and turned some quick money. Stylart, my card company, accepts
e-mails of digital files. Wow! that works better for me than sending
negatives by mail. The results cannot be told from negatives sent in the
past.
My wife, when she saw the first print I made with the 400, asked if it had
come out of my Hasselblad. She thought it looked as good as a 2 1/4 8x10 from
the lab. The dye sub really turns the trick. If you're doing on site
quickies, this is a real money maker.
Let me know how it works for you.
Happy holidays.
Roger Skully