RE: [OM] How to open a T20 connector?

Subject: RE: [OM] How to open a T20 connector?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:15:05 +1100
Frieder,

> I´ve a T20 connector, whrer the Plate for the flash is loose.
> There are some click-sounds when I shake it. It seems there are
> some srews/nuts which need to be tighted.
> The questions is how to open the connector? It looks like it is
> built with a snap-in-box.
> Does anybody know how to open this piece of OM-stuff?

I have a T20 Autoconnector where the plate with "Olympus" on it missing.
Below this there is a screw holding down a small netal tab which *may* be
holding the shoe itself.  I am not sure how the "olympus" plate is held on
but it looks like it may be glued.  If you can prise this off you may be
able to tighten the screw.  There is a chance that the thread in the plastic
is stripped, but I think you could probably fill that whole section with
epoxy to repair it.

Good luck,

...Wayne