Re: [OM] Mystery pack

Subject: Re: [OM] Mystery pack
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 07:30:23 EST
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Turned out to be a Zykkor 28/2.8 mint - very solid build. Not a known brand
> here - anyone know who made them?

Don't know who made them, never saw a Zykkor lens, but I've seen many Zykkor
flash units. Both basic units and more advanced aftermarket ones for cameras
such as Nikon AF. I saw a salesman at one of those fast-talking camera stores
sell someone a Nikon body, then showed him a $300 Nikon flash. After he said-
 "Gee that's too expensive." He brought out a Zykkor with a price tag of $225
on it and then said he'll "Let you have this one for $179." It's probably
really worth a hundred dollars less, so instead of a $25 profit on the Nikon
flash, he made $100 on the Zykkor.

George S.