Re: [OM] OM-1 winding/shutter malady + Soligor CD 35-70 f/2.5-3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 winding/shutter malady + Soligor CD 35-70 f/2.5-3.5
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:43:41 -0600
There are numerous possible causes for this sort of problem, but considering
the condition we can discount those related to excessive wear I suspect.  In
fact, the problem may have developed quite early, which would explain the
lack of use of the body.

There's an arm that is operated by the release button slide that moves
across the bottom of the camera that was known to catch on the front
casting.  As a result, the camera acts as if the release button is always
pressed down -- the mirror mechanism is never locked, so as the spring is
tensioned the mirror just raises up.  If is possible to correct this (if
indeed that's the problem) without complete disassembly, but there's no way
anyone could explain it in writing -- you gotta see it a few times,
preferably with the camera disassembled, to even give it a try.  Not to
mention the fact that the arm in question is rather brittle and is known to
break....

After that, who knows