Re: [OM] Bellows macro lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bellows macro lenses
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:40:55 -0500
Cc: wclark@xxxxxxx
Bill,

I have records in my database at http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/zuiko_ebay_history.htm.

20/2   $400 (6 auctions)
20/3.5 $235 (11)
38/2.8 $343 (5)
38/3.5 $239 (7)

So about 50-75% more for the newer, automatic, brigher lenses.

Beware, you need specialized lighting for many magnification ranges, especially with the 20mm lenses. It can be hard to get reflective light onto the subject so close to the lens. Transmitted light isn't a problem. Olympus has the nifty little reflectors called Lieberkuhn Reflectors to solve much of the reflected lighting problem. Data at http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/macrophotogroup/lieberkuhn_reflectors.htm

Skip