Re: [OM] NiMh in flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] NiMh in flash?
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:38:27 -0500
I got a set that work fine.  Mine came from Walmart, if that matters. :-)

Gregg

Can Nickel Metal Hydride batteries be used in the T series flashes or winders? I got an Eveready set of 8 AA 1700ma/h and slow charger at Sams Club for $20. Charged them up for 15 hours on the NiMh setting, and the ready light came on. Put them into a T32. They won't bring the flash up to full charge--the light never goes on. Fresh out of the charger, they read 1.2 volts. After 3 minutes in the flash unit, they read .9v. I just tried 4 fresh out of the charger in an Olympus D370 digital. Won't power it up either.

Are these puppies bad, or am I using them in the wrong appliances???? Is anyone able to use this battery type in Oly flashes?

Thanks,
Mickey
< This message was delivered via the Olympus Mailing List > < For questions, mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > < Web Page: http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >