Re: [OM] Problem with M15v control pack

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem with M15v control pack
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 12:43:03 +0100
At 11:23 04.12.01 , Tim H. wrote:
 The cells can then more easily take extended overcharge with no
damage.  You could add a series resistor to the Olympus charger output line
and if you put a shorting switch accross the resistor you can select either a
 "fast" or slow charge.

I think the charger for a NiCd or NiMH battery pack should be a current source, so a resistor in series would make no difference as long as the charger has enough voltage overhead. If it doesn't have enough voltage the charger would end up not charging at all. The correct way to modify the current source would be to add resistance in the feedback loop, but I have no knowledge of the actual circuit in the Olympus charger, so I can't specify any further.

Regards,
Thomas Bryhn