Re: [OM] Flash, Bounce Grip, Advice needed !

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash, Bounce Grip, Advice needed !
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:38:31 -0800
Jon,

To have TTL flash with an OM-2n you would either need a T series flash,
or a third-party flash unit with a dedicated Olympus module.  I don't
know if such a beast is available for your Vivitar - sorry!

You will need a Bounce Grip 2 to get the flash off-camera.  The Bounce
Grip 1 was for the earlier Olympus 310 flash, and will not work with a T
series flash.

You could use TTL flash off-camera if you replaced the Shoe 4 with a TTL
Autoconnector 4, and used the appropriate cable.  At the "flash end" you
would either need a T32 (built-in TTL cable socket) or a T20 with a TTL
Autoconnector T20 (or the BG2 with either flash).

You should be able to use the Vivitar flash on the BG2, but not with TTL
capabilities.  You would use the cable built in to the BG2, and connect
it to the X-synch terminal.  The name of the flash implies that it
should have an "automatic" mode, which would be better than doing a
full-power manual dump each time.

Please visit the fantastic Unofficial Sales Information File for more
and better information on all things Olympus at:
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif.htm

Hope that helps!

Bill Stanke