[OM] The SC MC Debate again

Subject: [OM] The SC MC Debate again
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:26:08 +1100 (EST)
Hi guys!

Olaf,

I like your work with regards to the SC and MC debate. It makes you, the
photographer think weather or not a SC or MC lens should be used in a certain
condition entailing the 'correct' use of light. There is mainly one word here
to refer to (as well as your creative intuition), the PHYSICS OF LIGHT. Ask
ourselves, what would be the difference if light were to pass through a single
coated or multi-coated lens.

Well ive done that and have a reasonable idea. But I want to put my questions
to those whom have had much more experiences than my 10 month affair with
photography and 'Olyzuiko' equipment.

I have three MC lenses, a MC 135mm 2.8 (my favourite), MC 50mm 1.8 and MC 50mm
3.5 MACRO out the other 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4 (SN > 1** ***) and 75-150mm 4.

I hardly use the MC 50mm 1.8. Maybe I should be using it more often (especially
in flaring light conditions).

What sort of situations (due to light of course) should I use it, in preference
of my SC 50mm 1.8. I am thinking along the same conditions as the ones you
presented with the wide angle lenses.

To my knowledge of physics, would I be correct saying (in some conditions) that
the SC has advantages with skin tones rather than MC lenses. Also, when
applying the MC lenses to night photography, how should they be used, if at
all.

Cheers again guys,

Good material on the OM listing at the moment. Keep it up guys.

Damo

Damon Wood
Dip. Technology (Applied Science)
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centre (AMTC)
Sustainable Development (BSc)
Undergraduate Student
Murdoch University
Secretary M.C.C. WASTCA