[OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:49:23 -0800
I followed the recent thread on wide angles and liked what i saw that
was taken with the 16/3.5. Seems like a nature progression from the
21mm. $500-700 is a problem though. What if any was the consensus on an
alternate choice? That focal length appears to be about the limit in
which distortion can be minimized. And why does Skip's data show the
16mm to be cheaper with more sales recorded than the 18mm? Is this a
fluke of the data? Maybe a couple of mushroom farms? Or is it a less
desirable lens for some reason of which I'm not aware?

Mike