Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:01:04 -0800 (PST)
The 16 and 18mm are roughly equal in price new. The
18mm is probably more desireable because it is
rectilinear rather than a fisheye thus giving correct
shots on film immeciatley rather than having to be
corrected with Photo Shop. If you are looking for a
cheaper superwide look for a Tokina 17mm (there is one
on ebay right now at a too high price) or a Tamron
14mm which is around 250-300. Superwide angle lenses
are gonna cost a lot no matter who they are from. The
Zuikos are definitely the best for OM system but they
cost a good deal more. 200-300 more.

Mark Lloyd