RE: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: RE: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 07:57:37 -0600
Alright, I'll jump in as I have both lenses.  The 18 is great, but has
very specific uses.  It gets a lot of attention from me, but from what I
understand, it is not *that* much wider than the 21.

In a perfect world where I was not spending all my money on shift
lenses, my kit would be the following:

8/2.8 (over the 16/3.5 because of uniqueness)
21/2
28/2
50/1.4
90/2 macro
135/2.8
250/2 and of course the
350/2.8!

I know it's unrealistic, but all of the lenses are unique and seem like
logical steps in the way I photograph out side of work.  For my
side-business of Arch. photo I have:

18/3.5
24 shift
35 shift
50/1.4
85/2
135/3.5
200/4

most of the work is done w/ the 24 and 35 shift and the 18/3.5, but the
cost of all those already has me spending too much!

I guess the short answer is to get the 16 over the 18 if you already
have the 21.

Hope this help a little....

bob