RE: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: RE: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:09:23 -0700
> Great shots and good argument for the Vivitar. The shot down
> the river has a real 3-dimensional feeling to it.

 Wide-angles are good for a feeling of speed/depth, yes. (I only just
noticed that that's what the vast majority of music videos are doing these
days; for ages it's been bugging me why they look that way, and then it
clicked -- hey, I can see all the walls of that room at once!)

> Thanks also for sharing pictures of your country. I never imagined you had

> mountains there so steep and high, or river gorges so challenging.

 Those are pretty wimpy bits of the Rockies compared to a lot of stuff, but
I've still been too afraid to carry cameras anywhere more worthwhile.
Snowboard season is on, though, and I've finally got around to sorting out a
decent backpack for kit (in the end I made it myself.. it's not as pretty as
the LowePro ones, but it cost me $20 for the pack, $5 for the foam pad, $10
for the velcro, and I had the rest of the fabric floating around) so I'm
hoping to get some decent shots from the top of Lake Louise/Sunshine Village
(ha, like it won't be snowed in all the time up _there_) some time soon.

 -- dan