Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:19:35 -0500
Cc: JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boy, you should see the FOV on the 12mm! You really have to be careful you don't get your feet into that puppy. It makes the inside of a closet look like a grand ballroom!

The "cheap" way to go with that lens would be a Russian/Soviet screwmount body (Fed or Zorki. I have a Fed 2, see www.commiecameras.com) for $40-50, plus the lens for $675 from cameraquest.com. Add $170 for the double-shoe and the bubble level. Make it around $1,000 total.

I can see it, you're thinking about it, aren't you? I can see the wheels turning "Hmmm...let me see...If I sell the....."

Remember, it's only money!

Skip