Re: [OM] Magic Lantern IS-3 book & IS-3 len hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Magic Lantern IS-3 book & IS-3 len hood
From: zuikosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:03:11 -0500
Dear Mike W.  -  I was using a folding standard rubber hood that I
had been using on my 55 SC G. Zuiko.  I often forget to fold the hood
down when I've backed out to the 35mm focal length on the IS-3.
 I would prefer to have a stiff rubber hood that would afford some
protection to the front element but have not found the "clam-shell"
style hood that I'm looking for.  Another list-member (Warren) mentioned a
method to achieve this pattern so I am hoping he'll refresh my memory with a
posting on this subject.

-- Hank
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> As long as we're talking about photography books, let me pose this question.
> Is the Magic Lantern book for the IS series worth getting?  Is there anything
in it that I can't pick up from the IS-3 owner's manual?

Thanks much for any insight.

Mike W.

P.S.  What are most IS-3(000) owners doing about a lens hood?  I've been
temporarily
using my 35mm f2 hood on my recently acquired IS-3 and have thought of checking
to see if the 35-105 slide-on hood will fit.