Re: [OM] Magic Lantern IS-3 book & IS-3 len hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Magic Lantern IS-3 book & IS-3 len hood
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:58:25 +0100
: As long as we're talking about photography books, let me pose this
question.
:  Is the Magic Lantern book for the IS series worth getting?  Is there
anything
: in it that I can't pick up from the IS-3 owner's manual?

The Magic Lantern / Laterna magica books are nice, but most of the stuff
presented should be known if you studied the manual and the iS/L Page, and
used the iS-3(000) for a while. Interesting is the kludge the author
(Richard Hünecke) invented for the lack of off-camera flash. This was before
the iS/L Flash Synchro Module (see the iS/L Page) was developed.

: P.S.  What are most IS-3(000) owners doing about a lens hood?  I've been
temporarily
: using my 35mm f2 hood on my recently acquired IS-3 and have thought of
checking
: to see if the 35-105 slide-on hood will fit.

I'm using a generic rubber collapsible hood made for standard lenses from
which I cut off the edges. More than a year ago I order a 'hood for the
iS-3000' from Technikdirekt, hoping that it would be a dedicated one, and
they sent me the hood for the Zuiko 35/2 (which I already had) :(((. Yes
this hood works fine but the rubber hood allows you to keep it on the lens,
put on the cap, and store it in the action case (both models).

hnz