[OM] Re-introduction

Subject: [OM] Re-introduction
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:41:20 -0600
Hello Fellow Oly Shooters,

I've been off-list for a few months, trying to bear down and catch up on
things, which was fruitless as always. Holidays are coming and I'm behinder
than ever. Perfect time to come back to the OM list and read thousands of
messages a week. It's good to be back.

I re-joined in the midst of the inane "cleaning methods" thread, but that was
followed by some vintage John Lind stuff which will go right into my database
archive which I failed to build during my list absence. Good to see that the
MC/SC discussion continues through its endless wandering mazes.

I had two weekend trips to the Michigan UP and Minnesota North Shore on
subsequent weekends in late September and early October. I'm still working
through the scans from these outings and will web out a few shortly.

I finished one of the rolls from these trips with some shots of our
newly-adopted kittens, Brando and Sparky.  There used to be list members who
were into cats, and fortunately or unfortunately Olaf probably won't let me
save these for the long-anticipated "Kitten TOPE" -- oh well, they're not that
great anyway:

http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/new-cats.html

Shot with OM-2S and 85/2 on Velvia with shoe-mounted T20 flash and homemade
diffuser.  Velvia seems to me to be actually OK for skin tones (my kids are
also in a couple of these shots) with flash illumination as long as there is
enough exposure.  (Olaf demonstrated something similar with E100VS some months
ago.)

Cheers to all,
Joel Wilcox