RE: [OM] Slide projector

Subject: RE: [OM] Slide projector
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:47:31 +0100
Hi,

> Carousel.  Just as a camera lens quality is of overwhelming importance, it
> is on a projector also (think of it as a camera working in reverse).

I second that!
Earlier this year Hans and Erwin opened my eyes regarding the importance of
a good projector lens, I then upgraded my father's old Rollei projector
(non-AF, with a generic 85/2.8 "plastic" lens), to a Leica Pradovit P155
(AF) with a Leica Colorplan 90/2.5 in it. Good grief, what a difference that
made! The projector itself is already much nicer than the Rollei, but the
lens really made a tremendous difference.

Then a thing I always wondered about: why is it that in the USA the
carrousel type projectors seem to be the most popular ones, and over here
the ones with straight trays?!?

Cheers!
Olafo