RE: [OM] Slide projector

Subject: RE: [OM] Slide projector
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:08:05 +0100
Hi,

> I also have the Colourplan 90/2.5 and P255, it seems not really "great" as
I can see some
> details with microscope but not with projection, especially with
projection smaller than
> 100 inch width.

Interesting, I perceive the quality of the Colorplan as really high.

> When I heard Gary R. mentioned how good his Kodak projector lens was, I
really want to
> get one to compare (but I have no Kodak projector and it is no common here
also).

I have no experience with that one either.

> He also mentioned the later Leica Super Colourplan seems much better, it
is something
> that we can reach, I think you should try one.

Well, when I was about to make the upgrade to the Leica Colorplan lens, I
read up a little bit on it. On one page I found some lenses that were
graded, on a 1-10 scale, I believe the regular Colorplan received a 9.5 and
the Super Colorplan a 9.8. I believe Erwin mentioned something about the
Super Colorplan only being for a specific type of projector, but I'm not
certain about that, and may be mistaken.

Either way, I thought that quality-wise there was not much between the
regular Colorplan and the Super Colorplan, but price-wise I believe the
latter is quite a bit more expensive.

Has anyone done some side to side comparisons of these two lenses, and/or
perhaps in comparison of the Kodak lens you mention as well?

Cheers!
Olafo