Re: [OM] OM2n Works Without a Battery!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n Works Without a Battery!
From: Adi Soon <adisoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 04:00:31 +0800
Thats a great tip for astrophotographers! No need for the OM1 then!

--adi

At 09:28 AM 12/7/01 +0000, you wrote:
Dear Folks,

I bought a copy of Practical Photographer yesterday, and read the article on classic cameras, which included the OM2n.

One of the things it said was that it had no mechanical speeds other than B. At first I thought this was a mistake, as the OM2n has all shutter speeds available in manual mode.

Then I got to thinking: Why does the OM2n have a lock button for B? Why is it marked in red? Is it possible that B is indeed a purely mechanical operation and doesn't need a battery?

So I tried it.

I took the batteries out of my OM2n and set it to B.

It works!

No mirror lock up!

You live and learn.

Chris Barrett