[OM] Re: OM slide projector - lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OM slide projector - lenses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 09:24:20 +1300
Hello Mark

I wonder if you can put a caliper across the barrel of the  90mm Super
Colorplan and let me now the diameter of the outside?

I have an Agfa Reflecta Diamator projector which will probably be my last
projector, but I've wondered if I could get a sharper lens for it.

Currently it has a Will-Wetzlar Maginon 1:2.8 85mm lens with an outside
barrel diameter of 40.35mm precisely.

Incidentally, Agfa make a special slim slide-mount that fits their special
linear tray magazines. The magazines are super-short - about half the normal
length - and the slim-mount has a groove moulded into in near the edge so
that when the slides are in the tray, even if you turn it upside down, they
don't fall out. Brilliant.  The Reflecta projector takes these and standard
slides.

I think it is the Agfa CS system. (can't conveniently lay my hands on a box
of mounts just now, to check).

Cheers, bj  (aka Brian)