Re: [OM] OM lens info

Subject: Re: [OM] OM lens info
From: "John A. Prosper" <JAProsper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:34:31 -0800
From: "Henry Bottjer-BA" <hcbottj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> You know, I've seen this before but when looking at it this time I noticed
> two versions of the 24mm f2.0 lens.  One with 7 elements / 7 groups, the
> other with 10 elements/8 groups.  I've not seen the different ones
mentioned
> anywhere (e.g., on the Gary Reese lens test page).  How can you tell the
> difference between models when buying one used?

That is clearly a misprint.  The 7E/7G lens refers to the 21/3.5 lens---not
a 24/2.  I can tell, basically, because I know the specifications of all my
favorite Zuiko lenses by heart. ;-)  The 21's focus down to 0.7 feet / 0.2
meters,  The 24's only go to 0.8 feet / 0.25 meters.  (The 24 PC goes down
to 1.1 feet.)

Regards,
John