[OM] RE: Fungus

Subject: [OM] RE: Fungus
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 20:38:45 EST
I have been off line for about a week.  Worm ate my hard drive.  What a mess!
 Anyway, I'm back and have been catching up on all of the emails.  Good to
see the list is alive and well.

I have never had a lens with fungus in it.  After all of the discussion I
realize I don't know what to look for.  I recently acquired a 50/1.8.  In
examining it with a flashlight I can see what looks like very fine spider web
silk in random strands around the perifery of the lens glass.  I suspect that
is fungus.  The lens is quarantined from my other lenses.  Any thoughts?

Dave Dougherty