Re: [[OM] Olympus C-4040 Question]

Subject: Re: [[OM] Olympus C-4040 Question]
From: Craig Cunningham <craig.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
Date: 8 Dec 2001 21:15:45 CST
Michael,

I've had a Oly C-3000z for over a year now, and it too has that same "play" in
the lens. I went out and quickly bought the Oly CLA-1 adapter tube that I
leave on the camera at all times (it acts as my lens armour, and of course
accomodates all of the accessory lenses).

I've never found any of my photos to have suffered from the lens design.

I've taken some macro flower photos using +4, +2, +1 close up lenses (tripod,
electronic remote shutter release, etc.), and although the C3000 isn't being
touched when taking the pictures, these shots are so close that I would have
thought that they would have exhibited any flaws in the lens -- they look
great to me.

  - Craig

"Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Zuiks,

I have recently purchased a digital camera (gulp) to "supplement" my OM gear
for those instances where the instant gratification is wanted and/or needed.
Needless to say I stuck with Olympus and chose the 4040 for it's fast lens,
resolution and portability. I am concerned however that the lens has a fair
degree of play to it when fully extended. Do any other 4040 owners see this?
I checked out a few cameras at various stores and they all seem to have this
problem. Is it a common flaw or designed to be that way?

It seems to me that the degree of movement in the optical train would not be
beneficial to the final image? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike V. <><