Re: [OM] Slide projector

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide projector
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:56:34 +0100
Hi,

> Go to B&H Photo and search for Braun slide porjector.  Give the  Braun
> MULTIMAG 250 AF a look.  I am not sure if $200 is what you had in mind
> for moderate pricing.
>
> Michael

I have a Braun Novamat MC 353 Autofocus. Price (in Germany) was around $200,
too. When I looked for a nice projector I queried about the consumer grade
Leitz types, which are known for being sturdy, but finally fell for the Braun.
It is all-plastic, but lightweight. And it has this great matte screen that
allows you to preview your transparencies in approx. 20 x 20 cm size. Very
good. I like the AF as well. Some have complained about the lens, but it is MC
and works fine. And it has a wireless remote control.

My old projector was an eastern-german Praktika. It resembled the Leitz, but
only in Style and weight. All the electrics were VERY unreliable and the lens
was just crap.

Best regards

Bernd