Re: [OM] 180/2.8 and 1.4xa

Subject: Re: [OM] 180/2.8 and 1.4xa
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:15:15 -0500
Some claim there was a design change.  At least, that's apparently
the reason Olympus says the 1.4X-A is intended for 180/2.8 lenses
with serial numbers greater than 200000.  Mine is number 111xxx,
and the results with the 1.4X-A are fine.  I don't use the
combination all that much, and I've never even considered
upgrading.  I'd be interested to know if anybody's tested the two
versions of the 180 to see what the difference in performance is,
if any.

Walt Wayman