Re: [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant]

Subject: Re: [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant]
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 04:28:13 -0800 (PST)
Problem is that consumer films (every brand I've
tried) with speeds above 400 look like crap to me. For
photo printing and such Ritz is my favorite place in
Rochester, they seem to have very clean machines that
produce very scratch free prints. The one at the
Marketplace Mall kind of has to be this way since it
gets a huge amount of business from RIT, which is a
school with lots of photography. At home I go to a
local 1hr portrait and developer who says that he
consistently breaks even or profits because we live in
a very rich town that doesn't mind paying lots extra
for exra services like retouching and working with a
picture to colorbalance it just right. He is very good
at this and can turn a muddy P&S family snapshot from
crap to acceptable or even good. I guess I have been
lucky, however my first test photos with the 24 shift
I took to CVS, big mistake, tons of scratches and dust
there. I avoid the grocery stores and wal marts at all
costs.

Mark Lloyd