Re: [OM] notice

Subject: Re: [OM] notice
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:37:37 -0800
John Hermanson wrote:

> This seems like the obvious way to reach everyone at once.  Anyone on the
> list who may have an open repair with me (and are paying by Mastercard or
> Visa) will have to supply the 3 digit security code which is to be found in
> the signature box on the back of your card.  Also please supply the zip code
> of your billing address.  New security rules put in place by my credit card
> processor require this info or  charges cannot go through.
>
> Thank you!

Very recently a vendor in Canada asked that I provide him with this
three digit number from my Visa card. Upon checking with the Canadian
Imperial Bank of Commerce [one of Canada's major banks] I was told that
such request should be rejected outright because it had nothing to do
with the integrity of the card number or the creditworthiness of the
account.

jh