Re: [OM] RE: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])
From: ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:03:55 -0500
In <3C15867B.3DC08E46@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/11/01 at 12:07 PM,
   "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

>Their photos are good, but IMHO mostly are due the inherent digital
>characteristic, good color rendering is much easier to obtain and you
>can shoot hundred to select one. Most other film shooter just failed to
>have the good skill and tool to scan their works especially negative.
>At the mean time they seems can spend lots of time to shoot, it is
>their job?

If it's their editing that results in such quality, then they're among
the best editors of whom I have ever heard. Digital ease is something I
didn't consider; you are probably right. I don't know what their "real"
jobs are; my impression was that they are amateurs.  Remember the series
that Jaco did to and from his travels to work? A spectacular series.
When I first looked at the set of pictures, I remarked on his very fine
graphic sense. The camera helps, no doubt; but the visual skills there
are pretty unusual, I think. Sort of like the stars of the OM list,
what?