Re: [OM] Lord of the Rings in NZ

Subject: Re: [OM] Lord of the Rings in NZ
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:00:35 +1100
>Director Peter Jackson is from NZ.  Most of his earliest (and hilarious)
>efforts were made there.  "Bad Taste", "Dead Alive",  and "The Frighteners"
>with Michael J. Fox.
>John Hermanson

Dead Alive? Don't know that one.
'Brain Dead' and 'Meet the Feebles' are my favorites in the early oevre.
'Heavenly Creatures' is the best of the 'straight' movies. I'm in a small
social group called the 'Beer, Film and Curry Appreciation Society' (Annual
Award - the Oliver Reed Memorial Cup) and we had a Peter Jackson
retrospective recently. Several members required trauma counselling
afterwards.
AndrewF