Re: [OM] RE: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Digital Migration (From [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant])
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:56:33 EST
In a message dated 12/10/01 6:52:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Are the E-10's manual controls "camera controls" such as dials and buttons
>  or is another non-ergonomic (in my opinion) menu-driven sort of control? I
>  don't know about the rest of you, but I find it damned hard to compose and
>  think about a shot when every "manual adjustment" requires clicking my way
>  through yet another menu series.
>
>  That's the single biggest failure in electronics design, IMHO. Just put a
>  bunch of well-designed knobs that make using the device (whatever it is)
>  usable *without* the silly nested menus!

I agree wholeheartedly, Scott.  I hate that feature on my cell phone.  I
refuse to buy a vehicle with a digital dash.  Analog gauges are intuitive
(race cars with gauges configured so "normal" indicates needle straight up
makes so much sense -- why don't manufacturers use that for everyday cars &
trucks?), and digital instrument displays are DAMNED expensive to repair
compared to analog gauges.

One reason the OM-2n is so "user friendly".  I like the capabilities of the
OM-2S, but I feel JOY looking in the OM-2n viewfinder!

Rich