RE: [OM] Trouble in OM paradise

Subject: RE: [OM] Trouble in OM paradise
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:31:33 -0800 (PST)
Way back when Maitani came up with some brilliant
ideas to conserve camera weight on an SLR and thus the
OM system was born. Today the thinking seems to be
'its plastic, it'll be lighter so lets just replace
every metal piece with plastic.' The metal OM bodies
just can't compete with an all plastic body in terms
of lightness; same thing about lenses. Now build
quality... thats a whole different story, you could
probably take any OM except the 10 series and bash
almost any current plastic SLR to unusablility, many
to tiny pieces, without harming the OM.

Mark Lloyd

--- "Daniel J. Mitchell"