[OM] Introduction (Long)

Subject: [OM] Introduction (Long)
From: "Henry Bottjer-BA" <hcbottj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:23:42 -0500
My apologies on the lack of OMEtiquite, as I did not properly introduce
myself upon subsrcibing to the list.  I took the "just jump in" approach.

I became an Olympus fan back in 1981 with the purchase of a Black OM-1n and
50mm 1.8 lens (my brother bought a chrome body and I thought the black was
soo much cooler, me being a real New Yorker and all).  How the camera
survived my years at college I'll never know.  I soon added a Tokura
80-200mm f4.5 zoom (c'mon a college student does not have funds) and later a
35-70mm f3.5-4.5.  After that lens I bought nothing but Oly.  My current
inventory consists of:

28mm f2.8 (that has some scratches on the front element)
28mm f3.5
28-48 f4
35-70mm f3.5-4.5
50mm f1.4 (to replace the 1.8 that caught sticky aperture disease)
35mm f2.8 Shift
24mm f3.5 Shift (Two shifts?  Well, I live in NYC)
65-200mm f4 (I really like this lens)
135mm f2.8
500mm f8 Reflex

OM-1n (original purchase)
OM-4t (recent acquisition, off to John H. for a review)

Winder 2
Bounce Grip 2
2 * T-32 Flashes
Assorted other hoods, caps, cable release, etc (sorry, no extra MD caps)

I've also recently bid on (and won) a 28mm f2.0, OM-2n (which I didn't
expect to win but who can't use another body) and an OM-1n black for parts.

I left my OM system for an Infinity P&S (!) and later for a Olympus C-2000
digital.  As I mentioned in an earlier post I missed the lens flexibility
and (gasp) the manual controls of the OM-1n (the 35-70, 28-40, 65-200, and
500mm I had before the switch).

No offense to any yoga fans, but lately all I can think of is
OMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Here endeth the introduction.
Henry