Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:47:34 -0500
Once you get used to the around-the-lens configuration of the OM-System shutter-speed dial, it's very nice. But it works best with cameras that show the SS in the finder, unlike the OM-1.

I used a Leica R8 for a day or so this fall, and it's top-mounted SS dial was VERY nice, the best that I've seen or used. It is canted at an angle towards the right and overhangs the front of the camera enough to use easily with gloves. It also is incremented in 1/2 stop increments! That feature I especially found nice, since the lenses are also click-stopped in 1/2 stop increments. And the lens aperture and SS are displayed in the finder with a nice display. The camera was big, but VERY seductive and nice to use. Hmmmmmm

Skip