Re: [OM] on lensmounts

Subject: Re: [OM] on lensmounts
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:07:48 -0500
<vbg> ROFL. Ripped up the mount!? Wow, what a hoot! How wrong can you remove a lens?

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of cameras that I see come through my local shop in need of repair. Most were dropped, swung against something, or have salt/water/storage damage.

In fact I saw an OM-1 which had lots of problems, including very erratic SS's. All the body covering panels too were puffed up at the edges and coming unstuck. Is that from moisture? or heat?

Skip